Razor review and what is better to choose
Conventionally, all shaving tools are divided into two large groups: power razor and razor. Both types of devices are popular, but there are serious differences between them. Some men prefer to use only classic machines, others have moved to more expensive, but high-speed electric shavers. It is possible to make a competent choice, only having in detail considered characteristics of both groups.
Razor wire grinder are available for sale in hypermarkets. They are low cost and easy to use. The advantages include other characteristics:
- Due to wet shaving razor wire grinder clean pores.
- The use of additional moisturizing strips, foams, and lotions reduces the sensitivity of the skin, allows you to nourish it.
- There is no risk of bacteria because the blades are constantly changing.
- High-quality cut of hairs at the root.
At the same time, machines, both cheap and more expensive, damage the skin when used. They often lead to the development of irritation and poorly cope with bristles of different lengths.
Types of razor
The most popular type of shaving machines – disposable tools. These are machines with a plastic body and fast erasable cutting parts. Sharp blades manifest themselves well only at the first use, and in the future can badly cut hairs. This is logical because after 1-2 applications the machine should be thrown away. The price of such devices is minimal, the availability is high: they are sold in every supermarket. This is a convenient option for those who are unassuming to shave. It is important to remember that with sharp movements, the classic machine can damage the skin.
2. straight razor
The original version of the device, a T-shaped metal machine, is better than its modern counterpart, removes vegetation. With experience, you can quickly cut them at the root. The base is expensive, 2-4 thousand rubles since it is made of stainless steel, but replacement blades are cheap. A significant drawback-the ability to cut yourself badly.
3. Replaceable cartridge
The “Golden mean” are machines with replaceable cartridges. They lie well in the hand, have a rubberized handle. Their cost is higher than that of disposable, but lower than that of electric shavers. But replacement razor blades can hit the budget because they cost more than the base itself. But the risk of cutting is minimal, and the quality of shaving is always on top.
Advantages and disadvantages razor
This tool appeared later, in the 20th century, but its popularity is comparable to the demand for machines. Electric razor has undeniable advantages over its classical counterpart:
- Safe hair removal when using the device with a mesh gripper system. There is no risk of cuts.
- Suitable for sensitive skin. Since the blades are securely hidden and can not damage the skin, irritation disappears, which is provoked by invisible to the eye microtrauma of the skin
- High-speed hair removal. The duration of the procedure is 2-3 times less than when using the machine. Speed is justified not only by the fact that the removal of vegetation is due to the rapid rotation of the blades. Time can be further saved since you do not need to use foam, moisturizing compositions, wash off the remnants of the foaming substance at the end of the procedure.
- Suitable for both small bristles and beard. Machines do not cope well with long hair. Electric shavers are specially designed for different types of vegetation. Included even with cheap devices are often nozzles used depending on the length of the regrown hairs.
- Infrequent replacement of blades. Even in the cheapest versions of the blade are 1.5-2 years. Quality devices can operate without the need to change cutting parts for 5-7 years.
- Convenient additional features. If you buy devices of medium and high price categories, you can get the option of automatic moisturizing of the face (by distributing lotion from the built-in container) or trimmer. Trimmer allows you to gently trim the mustache, remove hairs from the neck, trim the eyebrows or shorten the regrown hair on the temples.
We must not forget about many shortcomings. Electric shavers are sold at a much higher price than classic machines. The difference in cost can be tenfold. High-quality devices cost from $ 32, and the optimal models in terms of price-quality will cost $ 80. There are some other downsides:
- The need to carry out the cleaning procedure. Manufacturers recommend doing this after each bristle removal. It is desirable to additionally treat the blades with antiseptics to prevent the development of bacteria. In aggregate, the care of the device may take more time than the hair removal itself. Self-cleaning models are available, but they are 20-30% higher than the rest.
- The possibility of accumulation of germs if not properly maintained. Machines are constantly changing (or replaced their blades), but the blades of electric shavers are used for months. Microorganisms can lead to the development of allergic reactions, acne, pimples, irritation.
- Expensive repairs and complex self-replacement parts.
- The lower frequency of shaving. To remove the hairs at the root, you will have to walk several times in the same place. For the same reason, to shave with a tool, you need minimal skills. This means that the device will suit teenagers.
Varieties of electric shavers
Electric shavers differ in the type of mechanism. Products with rotary blades are suitable for removing bristles of any length but can cause small cuts. Mesh devices never injure the skin, as the hairs are first captured using the mesh and then removed without contact of the cutting parts with the skin.
Also, models may differ in the following parameters:
- Dry or wet shaving. “Dry” razors can be used without foam and water. Devices with wet shaving support are suitable for use in the shower, they have a waterproof case.
- Number of heads (1 to 4). The more, the better the result.
Comparative differences razor
|Razor||Machine for shaving||Electric razor|
|Ease of use||Suitable for teenagers||Experience required|
|Pressing force||Medium or high||Almost not required|
|Risk of injury||Presents||Absent|
|Complexity of tool care||Zero, requires only periodic change of cassettes||High (disinfection, cleaning)|
|Shaving quality||Cutting at the root||Low or medium (depending on model)|
What in the end to choose a razor?
Electric shaver or razor – which one is better to use? It is impossible to give a definite answer. To make a choice, it is necessary to take into account the type of skin, the degree of its sensitivity, the conditions of use of the product. It will be advisable to specify the best option for each case:
- For sensitive skin prone to irritation, it is best to use electric shavers with a mesh that protects the epidermis from microtrauma. The ideal option is an expensive device with the function of feeding and moisturizing the skin right during shaving.
- If a man or a teenager suffers from the frequent appearance of acne and blackheads, it is recommended to purchase any of the existing types of machines. They clean the pores, as shaving occurs after moisturizing the skin. An alternative option is an electric shaver with a wet shave function. Since it can be used on wet skin, the problem with cleansing the pores disappears.
- For the first shave fit classic machines. They are cheap, easiest to use, although they can slightly injure the skin. Because of the low price, you can not worry that the teenager will break the tool. In the case of an electric shaver, this would lead to additional costs.
- Persons with disabilities, the elderly are better to use electric shavers with a grid system. The possibility of injuries is excluded, facial cleansing is fast and without additional effort, it is enough to drive your hand over the appropriate areas.
- In field conditions, during the trip it is best to use an electric shaver with a battery designed for dry shaving. The process of removing facial hair in the case of such a device does not require the presence of water, shaving foam, moisturizing lotions. The presence of the battery allows you to use the unit even in the middle of the forest.
- If you plan to stay in the hotel, the machine will be suitable. Since access to water and shaving foam in guest establishments is available, you can not be limited to an electric shaver.
- Finally, if the user is important to clean shaving and at the same time he knows how to handle a razor, it is recommended to purchase a classic shaving machine made of metal with a replaceable dangerous blade.